Summer Side Dish Alert!
I really enjoy tasty side salads – and not always ones that have lettuce! Pasta salad was a go-to for me! I try to eat less pasta these days as I am getting older and it seems that those types of carbs end up showing up in places I prefer they do not, especially in the summer swimsuit season! Here is a side salad that is easy to make and super refreshing!
Instead of giving in to mayo based side salads, try switching the dressing to a 0% or 2% plain greek yogurt to lighten things up! This cucumber salad is crunchy and light for sure!
- 4 large cucumbers (about 2 pounds)
- 4 tablespoon plain greek yogurt (I used 2% Fage)
- 1 tablespoon dill
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar (you can sub red or white wine vinegar)
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Cut the ends off the cucumbers and peel them.
- Cut the cucumbers in half lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out the seeds.
- Slice the cucumbers into crescent moon shapes, about 1/4 inch.
- In a medium bowl combine the yogurt, dill, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Add the sliced cucumber to bowl and toss with yogurt/dill mixture until combined well.
- Additional salt and pepper to taste, if needed.
- Refrigerate covered until ready to serve.