Super Bowl Snack Swap 🏈
In the past my idea of Super Bowl snacks was nachos, wings and diet soda.
This year I did THINK about those foods, but since my husband is in a “I’m eating healthier” phase 😜 I was able to suggest a SNACK SWAP for these two tasty treats! WOWZA! He agreed!
MIDDAY DOUBTS 😱 😱
Honestly, though, after meal prepping in the morning – I was almost going to skip the new recipes — but, I had done the shopping and when I read the recipes, I realized it wouldn’t be super time intensive.
🍴 The scallops with turkey bacon 🥓 were baked – so EASY and a bit spicy from a sprinkle of cayenne. 👅 The scallops looked like they were wearing little turkey bacon coats! 😂 Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside and using turkey bacon keeps them lean and low in calories.
- 8 medium scallops (about 1 oz. each)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (or paprika) (to taste; optional)
- Ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 4 slices nitrite-free turkey bacon, cut in half crosswise
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Coat lightly with spray. Set aside.
- Pat scallops dry with a paper towel. Season with cayenne pepper and black pepper if desired.
- Wrap each scallop tightly with bacon. Secure with a toothpick.
- Arrange scallops on baking sheet so that they are not touching.
- Bake for about 12 to 16 minutes, or until scallops are opaque and bacon is crisp.
- Remove toothpicks before serving.