Calling all VEGGIE LOVERS!
Wife win! 😊💪🏻 These Grilled Veggie Quesadillas were a healthy choice recipe I had planned on making for a Super Bowl snack.
But my husband turned up his nose at these – he’s NOT a veggie eater! So I skipped them on Super Bowl Sunday in favor of a couple of other healthy recipes that he was more in favor of. But – he didn’t get off the hook!!
— I stayed home sick with my daughter, so I had another chance to make them
— AND…since he was doing office work at home
–GOTCHA… I served it up for him and he ate the whole thing! lol
He better watch out – now I know how to get him to eat his veggies!! I am not kidding — that’s no easy feat!!
I’ll be working this one into the meal plan!
Here is what you need:
- ½ medium red bell pepper, stem and seeds removed and discarded, cut into four pieces
- 1 medium Portobello mushroom, cut into ½-inch slices
- ½ medium onion, cut into ½-inch slices
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced diagonally into ¼-inch slices (I bought pre-sliced to save time!)
- 1 medium summer squash, sliced diagonally into ¼-inch slices
- 2 tsp. olive oil, divided use
- 4 (8-inch) whole wheat, whole grain tortillas
- 4 tsp. prepared pesto sauce
- 4 Tbsp. mozzarella cheese (2 oz.)
- 4 Tbsp. soft goat cheese (2 oz.)
- Preheat grill or broiler to high. (I broiled)
- Brush bell pepper, mushroom, onion, zucchini, and summer squash with 1 tsp. oil.
- Grill or broil vegetables for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until tender and set aside.
- Heat ½ tsp. oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Place two tortillas in skillet; cook, turning once, for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Top each tortilla with 1 tsp. pesto sauce, 1 Tbsp. mozzarella cheese, 1 Tbsp. goat cheese, and ¼ of grilled vegetables. Fold tortilla in half; cook, for 4 to 5 minutes, turning once, until cheese is melted and tortilla is golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas and ingredients; cook in remaining ½ tsp. oil.