21 Day Fix Chicken Caprese
When you’re a busy mom of 2 with picky eaters, it often means making more than one meal. With this dinner, I was able to prepare the Caprese Chicken for my daughter and myself and use some of the chicken to make chicken tenders for my son. My daughter skipped the tomatoes, but not me. The tomatoes make the dish, in my opinion!
Both are easy and can cook for about the same amount of time. The featured meal here is the chicken caprese – it’s so easy to make and if you’re a 21 Day Fix meal person, this one is easy on the containers too!
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2-3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 tbsp. shredded basil
- mozzarella to top chicken
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat
- Cut the chicken in half if your breasts are thick and then season each side with salt and pepper. Cook until golden and cooked through, about 5-6 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Add balsamic vinegar to skillet to deglaze, then add garlic and stir until fragrant, 1 minute. (Enjoy the aroma!!)
- Add halved tomatoes and season with salt. Let simmer until soft, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in basil.
- Return chicken to skillet and mix into the tomatoes some. Top each piece of chicken with mozzarella and cover with lid to melt cheese.
- Spoon tomatoes over chicken and serve.
Deglazing is a cooking technique for removing and dissolving browned food residue from a pan to flavor sauces, soups, and gravies.