No carb cloud bread is soft and fluffy and shaped – like a cloud! Cloud bread is a great substitute for ‘regular’ bread and this recipe has no carbs. It’s not firm enough to replace bread like a regular sandwich, but I made it work with tuna. You could also use it open face or fold it like a taco!
PREP TIME – 10 MIN
COOKING TIME – 30 MIN
3 SERVINGS, 2 EACH
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 large eggs
- 1 dash cream of tartar
- 1 dash sea salt (or Himalayan salt) (to taste; optional)
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat (2%) plain Greek yogurt
- Heat oven to 300° F.
- Lightly coat large baking sheet with spray or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Separate egg yolks from egg whites. Place whites and yolks in separate medium bowls. Set aside.
- Add cream of tartar to egg whites. Beat with a mixer on high until stiff peaks form, about 4 minutes. Set aside.
- Add salt and yogurt to egg yolks. Beat with a mixer on medium until blended.
- Gently fold 1/3 of egg white mixture into egg yolk mixture. Fold in the remaining egg white mixture until just mixed. Do not over mix.
- Use a spoon to transfer a scoop of egg mixture onto prepared or lined baking sheet, gently spreading into a thick pancake shape about 3 inches in diameter.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown and exterior is crispy to the touch. Immediately loosen with a spatula; allow to cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container.