Skip the cookies — Go for Brownie Peanut Butter Balls!
These brownie peanut butter are made with a raw almond base. Almonds make a good base because they aren’t very flavorful without being roasted. You could substitute peanuts if you prefer. The other ingredients include Medjool dates, cocoa powder, and maple syrup. Simple ingredients – and simple to prepare too. The hardest part is managing the stickiness!
I use a hand-me-down mini food processor, but I might be ready for an upgrade to something like the Kitchen Ninja!
Gather the Ingredients:
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 20 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp cocoa powder (I used a mix of regular & dark cocoa powder)
- 1/2 cup all-natural peanut butter ( I use Smuckers)
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/8 Tsp sea salt
- Place almonds into a food processor and process on high until you have a fine almond meal.
- Next, pit 20 medjool dates or if you purchase them already pitted, just drop them in.
- Next add the cocoa powder, peanut butter, maple syrup, and sea salt. Process on high until everything is pulverized. I added a teaspoon of water at a time until the mixture was nice and smooth. The amount of water depends on how sticky your dates are.
- Use a cookie scooper to scoop out the balls. Feel free to roll them in your hand if you want a perfect shape!
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 2 months.