Easy breakfast!! Prepare in advance!
These are so easy and perfect for a hearty breakfast. For me, I needed a preworkout meal that was fast to warm up at 5am and would fuel my body with the right food groups to power through an hour workout!
Since zucchini aren’t that awesome in the winter, I bought 2 containers of pre-spiralized zucchini and food processed them some, then I mashed 2 uncooked plantains, beat up the eggs and mixed it all that in a bowl. Next, I added cinnamon, vanilla and some avocado oil. Put all that into a blender and then cook them up on a skillet!
Zucchini Plantain Protein Pancakes
Makes 12-15 pancakes
Serving Size 2 pancakes
- 2 mashed plantains, ripe but not too ripe (yellow, or yellow with some brown spots)
- 1/3 cup oats
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- Coconut oil or ghee butter (for frying)
- Place all ingredients in a blender.
- Puree until smooth.
- Warm coconut oil or ghee butter (I use a tbsp) in cast-iron pan or skillet (you may need to add oil in between pancakes to prevent sticking)
- Once oil is hot, drop puree by 1/4 cup
- Cook approx. 3 minutes per side or until cooked through.